Microsoft has launched a brand new secure model of its PowerToys software program suite. Model 0.59 marks the primary official construct of PowerToys designed to run natively on ARM computer systems. Each module of the PowerToys bundle, together with the installer, has been recompiled for the ARM64 structure, which brings higher efficiency and improved effectivity whereas utilizing much less reminiscence.
Notably, Microsoft began laying out the ARM groundwork through the 0.58 launch cycle. Nonetheless, the earlier model of PowerToys didn’t ship the compiled ARM64 binaries. In consequence, efficiency on ARM gadgets wasn’t pretty much as good as that of native ARM64 purposes. Now that the native ARM model of PowerToys is accessible by way of secure channel, it would considerably enhance the general consumer expertise on gadgets just like the Floor Professional X compared to the older builds that ran via emulation.
There’s nonetheless one other notable addition, which is help for as much as 4 modifier keys for shortcuts in Keyboard Supervisor. The staff has additionally accomplished Energy Rename’s transition to WinUI 3.
Apart from that, model 0.59 contains fixes, tweaks, and different enhancements to a variety of the included apps in PowerToys. You possibly can see the complete changelog beneath:
What’s new in PowerToys 0.59
- ARM64 help now totally added!
- Fastened PowerRename to work on ARM64.
- Fastened File Explorer instruments to work on ARM64.
- Made modifications for the installer tasks to construct ARM64 installers.
- Configured the CI and Launch pipelines to construct for ARM64.
- Added ARM64 construct standing to the README.
At all times on High
- Fastened a problem the place the borders the place sticking round when a window was minimized with Win+D.
- Fastened a bug that was consuming CPU cycles when the default structure was set.
- Fastened a bug the place apps weren’t opened of their final recognized zones as a result of Digital Desktop ID modifications.
- Fastened a bug that was snapping popup menus opened by purposes.
- Fastened a bug inflicting home windows to not be snapped beneath some configurations.
- Now not tries to alter metadata on recordsdata that weren’t truly resized. Thanks @adamchilders!
File explorer add-ons
- Fastened a bug the place modules relying on WebView2 could be restricted to opening recordsdata smaller than 2 MB. Now the ensuing html is generated into a brief file earlier than presenting it.
- Add a viewBox attribute to svg recordsdata that don’t have one in order that the preview tries to indicate the entire picture.
- Take away scrollbar that was exhibiting when rendering svg thumbnails.
- Now as much as 4 modifier keys can be utilized in shortcuts. It will mean you can use the Workplace key (which sends Win+Ctrl+Shift+Alt), for instance.
- Fastened a bug locking Keyboard Supervisor when two shortcut mapping had been pressed on the identical time.
- Eliminated occasion spam for sure telemetry occasions.
- Ported to make use of WinUI 3 as an alternative of WinUI 2.
- The Companies plugin is ready to seek for components of the identify, show identify or the service kind or state. Thanks @htcfreek!
- The Companies plugin now helps the startup kind ‘Automated (Delayed Autostart)’. Thanks @htcfreek!
- The Companies plugin now has tooltips for big service names and different UI enhancements. Thanks @htcfreek!
- The TimeDate plugin gave outcomes for queries containing simply numbers on world queries. This has been mounted. Thanks @htcfreek!
- We’ve launched a throttle earlier than a question is finished to make sure typing is finished to extend efficiency. Thanks @shandsj!
- Fastened a crash in WebSearch when there’s an empty sample setup for the system’s default browser.
- Fastened a bug the place VSCodeWorkspaces was not discovering transportable installations of VSCode. Thanks @harvastum!
- The Calculator plugin reacts higher to invalid enter and inside errors. Thanks @htcfreek!
- The Calculator plugin can now be configured to make use of the US quantity format as an alternative of the system one. Thanks @htcfreek!
- The Folder plugin helps paths containing “/”. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Now the UI for including excluded apps for FindMyMouse is disabled when the module is disabled. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Textual content was improved within the Settings UI for File Explorer. Thanks @Jay-o-Method!
- Settings received’t attempt to launch if every part runs elevated within the machine, and a warning message is proven as an alternative.
- Some minor UI fixes. Thanks @niels9001!
- The Settings display screen ought to now open appropriately if the OOBE display screen was opened first.
- The rounded nook settings for FancyZones now solely present on Home windows 11. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Fastened a UI freeze when getting into the Keyboard Supervisor web page with clear settings.
- Fastened a UI glitch the place a message was being proven that each one PowerToys Run plugins had been disabled when utilizing the search operate. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Upgraded the Home windows App SDK runtimes to 1.1.0, fixing a problem the place Settings wouldn’t begin with UAC off and bettering efficiency.
- Auto-update takes into consideration if it’s working on x64 or arm64 to obtain the proper installer.
- Up to date the .NET dependency to six.0.5.
- The installer is now constructed utilizing a beta model of Wix 3.14 for arm64 help.
- Added the VC++ Redistributable binary as a requirement.
- The Home windows App SDK runtime binaries are being shipped with PowerToys as an alternative of working its installer. This could repair many of the set up points with 0.58.
- New motion added to GitHub to publish the winget bundle to PowerToys.
- New motion added to GitHub to publish for the Microsoft Retailer. Thanks azchohfi!
- Documentation for putting in the Home windows App SDK dependencies and constructing the installer was up to date.
- FxCop faraway from the PowerToys Run TimeZone plugin and was changed with NetAnalyzers. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
Recognized points in PowerToys 0.59
- There are stories of customers who’re unable to open the Settings window. That is being brought on by incompatibilities with some purposes (RTSS RivaTuner Statistics Server and MSI AfterBurner are recognized examples of this). Should you’re affected by this, please examine the linked concern to confirm if any of the offered options works for you.
Should you haven’t but, you possibly can obtain the most recent model of PowerToys from its GitHub repository, or you possibly can seek for it on the Microsoft Retailer. If you have already got PowerToys put in, you have to be prompted to obtain model 0.59 robotically.
Supply: PowerToys Github